Download a PDF.
How to be More Active
Adults should get a weekly total of at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity OR 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity or a combination of both, spread throughout the week.
- Be Strong: Include muscle-strengthening activity (like resistance or weight training) at least twice a week
- Add Intensity: Increase time, distance, amount or effort for more benefits
- Sit Less: Get up and move throughout the day
Kids and teens should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day
Tips for Success
- Set Goals: Set realistic goals and make small, lasting changes to set yourself up for success.
- Keep Going: Once you reach these goals, don’t stop. Gradually increase your activity and intensity to gain even more health benefits.
- Walk More: There are many ways to get active. You may find walking the easiest way to start.
- Add It Up: Find ways to move more throughout your daily routine, whether it's at work, on your commute or at home. Every active minute counts toward your goal.
- Make a Habit: Do something active every day at about the same time so it becomes a regular habit. Put it on your schedule so you're less likely to miss a day.